So I have changed up my haircare routine and it’s been the biggest lifesaver so I thought I would share it!
To start off, I have naturally very curly/frizzy hair. It’s that type of hair that you don’t dare brush when it’s dry otherwise you will end up looking like Hagrid from Harry Potter.
I currently have black dyed hair and I have always had a issue with frizz. I’m always trying new products to see if I can find “the one”.
I stumbled across Hot Tresses after hearing about their products on beauty groups and on instagram. I read into them a bit more and fell inlove with their philosophy:
I have heat styled my hair for years because I have always hated how frizzy it got and just looked horrible. So I’m going to tell you 5 reasons why I love Hot Tresses:
- They are a small business: I love supporting indie brands and small companies.
- Hot Tresses is ALL VEGAN and cruelty free which is the best !
- There are no nasty chemicals in the products
- Hot Tresses seriously cuts down on frizz and my dependency on heat styling
- The products smell amazing and they started working the magic within 2 washes!
Hot Tresses have a 3 step system which is:
- The first step is to CLEANSE with the Hot Tresses Sulfate-Free Rehab Shampoo charged with French green clay and paw paw. This detoxifies your scalp, purifies the hair shafts and prepares you for maximum absorption of the goodness to come.
- Next, it’s time to UNRAVEL with their intensive † Hydrating Rehab Conditioner. Featuring coconut, castor seed and ylang ylang oils, knots will unravel with ease. You’ll also benefit from a B vitamin boost † a burst of vegan proteins hemp and quinoa*This can also be used during your workout as a mask, letting your body heat, the sun or the hot yoga room to amplify penetration.
- Finally, it’s time to HEAL. Apply Hot Tresses Moisturising Rehab Leave-In to your wet hair and spread evenly with your fingers, focusing on the ends. Leave your hair to air-dry. It’s light-weight, but backs up your hair’s healing with another dose of coconut, castor seed and ylang ylang oils along with complete vegan proteins hemp and quinoa. *Leave In REHAB does protect hair during heat-styling, although for your longer term hair health Hot Tresses recommends against heat-styling, in particular the use of straightening irons. When blow-drying, always use a cooler setting to guard against heat damage.
I use the shampoo, conditioner and the leave in treatment 2-3 times a week and for days between washing I will sometimes apply the leave in treatment to the ends of my hair.
I have been using the Hot Tresses’ products for just over a month now and I have noticed that it has calmed my frizz down completely, my hair feels a lot smoother and healthier and I can’t wait to see the results after 3 months!
You can buy the 30 day hair rehab plan here for $79.95. You can also buy the products individually, travel size, and in 1L sizes (Australia only).
I hope you have enjoyed reading and make sure to check out Hot Tresses on instagram at https://www.instagram.com/hottress.es
xx Vegan Beauty Junkie
I N S T A G R A M : @VEGANBEAUTYJUNKIE